Our peaceful lodge is nestled between the majestic Wetlands Mountains. We are halfway between Gauteng and the Midlands. A variety of game, bird and plant life with diverse landscapes of grasslands and wetlands can be seen on a game drive, quad bike adventure or just by taking a stroll through the lodge. Our activities includes horseback riding, hiking, birding, fly-fishing, game drives and quad biking. It is a great family getaway, a romantic treat, wedding venue or just to rest and get rejuvenated by nature.
We are situated 6.5km outside of Wakkerstroom and three hours drive from Johannesburg or Pretoria. Our accommodation offers a sanctuary of tranquillity, endless comfort and natural beauty. Come unwind and enjoy nature only Wetlands Game Lodge can offer.
1. Fisherman’s Cottage (Sleeps 6): The Fisherman’s cottage consists of three rooms. Two Single beds or a King size bed with en-suite bathroom and a kitchenette per chalet. Full charge of R3000 per night, irrespective of how many people staying. High clearance vehicles are recommended to access these units. (Self-catering)
2. The English Cottage (Sleeps 4): The English cottage consists of two bedrooms. 1x King size bed with en-suite bathroom. 1x Two Single beds with en-suite bathroom. This is a stunning unit with self-catering facilities and a braai area. Full charge of R4000 per night, irrespective of how many people staying. (Self-catering)
3. The Manor (Sleeps 14): The Manor has seven bedrooms. 2x King size beds with en-suite bathrooms. 1x Queen size bed with en-suite bathroom. 4x Two Single beds / King size bed with en-suite bathrooms. Discount of R250pp when sharing the luxury units.
4. The Wing (Sleeps 8): The Wing offers 4 Bedrooms. 4x Two Single beds or a King size bed with en-suite bathroom. Discount of R100pp when sharing units.
5. The Stables (sleeps 25): The Stables has twelve bedrooms with a King size bed with en-suite bathrooms. Discount of R100pp when sharing the standard units. R2500 per suplux unit sleeping 2 facing the dam.
6. The Silo (Sleeps 12): The Silo offers 6 bedrooms with immaculate views. Sable suite: King size bed with en-suite bathroom and self-catering facilities. Zebra & Blesbok suite: 1 King size bed and 2 single beds with one bathroom. Buffalo suite: 2 Single beds or a King size bed with an en-suite bathroom. Springbuck suite: 2 Single beds with two bathrooms. Eland suite: 2 Single beds or a King size bed with an en-suite bathroom. Discount of R250pp when sharing the luxury unit. Discount of R300 for a standard room or R400pp sharing a standard room. R3000 per unit for the honeymoon suite or the double storey suite.
7. Donkerhoek Mountain Lodge (Sleeps 10): The lodge has three bedrooms. 2 Double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and a room with 6 single beds.
Game Prices 2023
Black Wildebeest (Female) – R3 500.00
Black Wildebeest (Male) – R4 000.00
Black Wildebeest (Trophy) – R7 000.00
Blesbuck (Female) – R1 450.00
Blesbuck (Male) – R1 600.00
Blesbuck (Trophy) – R3 000.00
Blesbuck (White) (Trophy) – R4 500.00
Blue Wildebeest (Female) – R4 500.00
Blue Wildebeest (Male) – R5 500.00
Blue Wildebeest (Trophy) – R7 500.00
Cape Buffalo (Trophy) – POA
Common Reedbuck (Trophy) – R7 500.00
Eland (Livingstone) (Female) – R8 500.00
Eland (Livingstone) (Male) – R20 000.00
Eland (Livingstone) (Trophy) – R28 000.00
Fallow deer (Female) – R4 000.00
Fallow deer (Male) – R6 500.00
Kudu (Male) – R18 000.00
Kudu (Trophy) – R25 000.00
Mountain reedbuck (Trophy) – R7 500.00
Ostrich – POA
Red Hartebeest (Female) – R7 000.00
Red Hartebeest (Male) – R7 500.00
Red Hartebeest (Trophy) – R9 500.00
Sable – POA
Springbuck (Black) Trophy – POA
Springbuck (Copper) Trophy – POA
Springbuck (Female) – R1 750.00
Springbuck (Male) – R1 850.00
Springbuck (Trophy) – R3 500.00
Tsessebe (Trophy) – POA
Vaal Rhebuck (Trophy) – R12 000.00
Waterbuck (Female) – R6 500.00
Waterbuck (Male) – R10 000.00
Waterbuck (Trophy) – R15 000.00
Zebra (Burchell’s) (Female) – R5 500.00
Zebra (Burchell’s) (Male) – R5 500.00
Minimum of two nights’ stay when hunting. Game Prices are exclusive of VAT
There are no reviews yet.