Donkerhoek Private Hunting Safaris offers a unique hunting experience with diverse landscapes, beautiful mountains and wetlands, home to several game species including the Cape Buffalo, Red Hartebeest, Springbuck, Fallow deer, Eland and many more; you will find herds in their natural habitat.
We are situated on the Kwazulu Natal and Mpumalanga border, approximately 20km from the small town Wakkerstroom and only 3 hours’ drive from Jhb.
The beautiful mountain streams that run through the lodge are known for being one of the Pongola river’s origin veins, which can be enjoyed with unobstructed views from the lodge.
Our hunting lodge provides self-catered accommodation for groups of up to ten people, for real Hunters who enjoy a true nature experience and still wish to rejuvenate in a comfortable setting.
Hunting at Donkerhoek Private Hunting Safaris is truly a memorable experience with excellent mature trophy animals and first-class lodging. A must for every hunter!
Donkerhoek Lodge Accommodation per person per night self-catering: R750.00
Meals (Optional): Breakfast, Refreshments during hunt and Dinner: R500.00
A light lunch at Donkerhoek Lodge can be offered instead of Hunting refreshments.
Hunting vehicle per day (max 4 hunters) (Includes driver:) R2000.00. Extra hunters at R500pp.
Includes PH, Slaughtering, skinning and cold room facilities.
Excludes meat processing and caping.
1. Fisherman’s Cottage (Sleeps 6): The Fisherman’s cottage consists of three rooms. Two Single beds or a King size bed with en-suite bathroom and a kitchenette per chalet. Full charge of R3000 per night, irrespective of how many people staying. High clearance vehicles are recommended to access these units. (Self-catering)
2. The English Cottage (Sleeps 4): The English cottage consists of two bedrooms. 1x King size bed with en-suite bathroom. 1x Two Single beds with en-suite bathroom. This is a stunning unit with self-catering facilities and a braai area. Full charge of R4000 per night, irrespective of how many people staying. (Self-catering)
3. The Manor (Sleeps 14): The Manor has seven bedrooms. 2x King size beds with en-suite bathrooms. 1x Queen size bed with en-suite bathroom. 4x Two Single beds / King size bed with en-suite bathrooms. Discount of R250pp when sharing the luxury units.
4. The Wing (Sleeps 8): The Wing offers 4 Bedrooms. 4x Two Single beds or a King size bed with en-suite bathroom. Discount of R100pp when sharing units.
5. The Stables (sleeps 25): The Stables has twelve bedrooms with a King size bed with en-suite bathrooms. Discount of R100pp when sharing the standard units. R2500 per suplux unit sleeping 2 facing the dam.
6. The Silo (Sleeps 12): The Silo offers 6 bedrooms with immaculate views. Sable suite: King size bed with en-suite bathroom and self-catering facilities. Zebra & Blesbok suite: 1 King size bed and 2 single beds with one bathroom. Buffalo suite: 2 Single beds or a King size bed with an en-suite bathroom. Springbuck suite: 2 Single beds with two bathrooms. Eland suite: 2 Single beds or a King size bed with an en-suite bathroom. Discount of R250pp when sharing the luxury unit. Discount of R300 for a standard room or R400pp sharing a standard room. R3000 per unit for the honeymoon suite or the double storey suite.
7. Donkerhoek Mountain Lodge (Sleeps 10): The lodge has three bedrooms. 2 Double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and a room with 6 single beds.
Black Wildebeest (Female) – R3 500.00
Black Wildebeest (Male) – R4 000.00
Black Wildebeest (Trophy) – R7 000.00
Blesbuck (Female) – R1 450.00
Blesbuck (Male) – R1 600.00
Blesbuck (Trophy) – R3 000.00
Blesbuck (White) (Trophy) – R4 500.00
Blue Wildebeest (Female) – R4 500.00
Blue Wildebeest (Male) – R5 500.00
Blue Wildebeest (Trophy) – R7 500.00
Cape Buffalo (Trophy) – POA
Common Reedbuck (Trophy) – R7 500.00
Eland (Livingstone) (Female) – R8 500.00
Eland (Livingstone) (Male) – R20 000.00
Eland (Livingstone) (Trophy) – R28 000.00
Fallow deer (Female) – R4 000.00
Fallow deer (Male) – R6 500.00
Kudu (Male) – R18 000.00
Kudu (Trophy) – R25 000.00
Mountain reedbuck (Trophy) – R7 500.00
Ostrich – POA
Red Hartebeest (Female) – R7 000.00
Red Hartebeest (Male) – R7 500.00
Red Hartebeest (Trophy) – R9 500.00
Sable – POA
Springbuck (Black) Trophy – POA
Springbuck (Copper) Trophy – POA
Springbuck (Female) – R1 750.00
Springbuck (Male) – R1 850.00
Springbuck (Trophy) – R3 500.00
Tsessebe (Trophy) – POA
Vaal Rhebuck (Trophy) – R12 000.00
Waterbuck (Female) – R6 500.00
Waterbuck (Male) – R10 000.00
Waterbuck (Trophy) – R15 000.00
Zebra (Burchell’s) (Female) – R5 500.00
Zebra (Burchell’s) (Male) – R5 500.00
Minimum of two nights’ stay when hunting. Game Prices are exclusive of VAT