The name “Lapeng” is derived from the Northern Sotho language and the meaning is “Home”, depicting exactly what Management and Staff strive to do – to make you feel at home.
Set on manicured grounds, Lapeng Lodge is neatly tucked away between the mountains in a beautiful and tranquil environment close to Burgersfort, Limpopo, about 350km from Johannesburg. The Lodge is built on what were previously agricultural lands. During this time, every tree and bush was removed and replaced with agricultural produce. What was left was but one Marula tree and a few thorn trees. The site was chosen for the beautiful view that is offered from all sides with the Morone Mountain at the entrance and a glorious view of part of the Drakensberg Range over the pool. The Lodge is located on a game farm and boasts a wide array of game that can often be seen around the rooms and restaurant. Lapeng is also home to a wide array of bird life – including the beautiful Crimson-breasted Shrike.
Established back in the year 2000, Lapeng is one of the pioneers in luxury accommodation in the area. Since then we have built up an untarnished reputation among the visitors of the region.
The lodge has a tar road that links the main road with all the buildings (reception and rooms). The rooms are within walking distance from reception, the bar and restaurant, and Pool. It is a popular sleepover for the sophisticated Businessman/woman, who does not wish to compromise on his/her lifestyle, with regards to accommodation, facilities and meals. The peace and tranquillity, first class service and secure environment is an added bonus. It is also the ideal stay-over for the tourist that appreciates style and comfort, good food and beautiful surroundings.
Our standard rooms are equipped with either a double bed or two single beds. Each room has its own bathroom with either a bathtub or a shower. The kitchen area is shared between three rooms but each room still has its own coffee making facilities and refrigerator.
Our Deluxe rooms are all equipped with queen sized beds. Each room has its own bathroom with a shower or a bathtub, or both. All the rooms have their own kitchen areas with a fridge and a kettle. The bedroom doors slide open completely and lead to your own private porch with a table, chairs and a breathtaking view of the bushveld, with the Drakensberg range in front of you.
The Executive Suites are our two newest and most luxurious rooms. These rooms are spacious and modern, with a massive 48″ HD television, a fully stocked mini bar, open shower and stone bath. If you wish to stay in luxury, these are the rooms for you.
Our newly built conference centre can accommodate up to 300 people. It is fully equipped with a 4.50 meter wide motorized big screen, high definition projector, WiFi, and a state of the art sound system complete with wired and wireless microphones. We also have a meeting room, which is ideal for smaller conferences and gatherings. This room is equipped with air conditioning, WiFi access, and a projector with a motorized screen.
Impala Ram Knypkop R1,500
Impala Ram <23 5/8″ R1,800
Impala Ram >23 5/8″ R3,000
Impala Ewe R1,300
Black Impala R7,000
Kudu Bull <45″ R9,000
Kudu Bull 45-53 7/8″ R15,000
Kudu Bull >53 7/8″ R20,000
Kudu Cow R4,500
Nyala Bull <27″ R6,000
Nyala Bull >27″ R13,000
Nyala Ewe R2,500
Waterbuck Bull <28″ R6,000
Waterbuck Bull >29″ R10,000
Waterbuck Cow R4,500
Blue Wildebeest Bull R5,500
Blue Wildebeest Cow R4,500
Golden Wildebeest R7,000
Bushbuck Ram <15″ R7,000
Duiker Ram R3,000
Cape Eland Bull R15,000
Cape Eland Cow R9,000
1. When in the veld, you will always be accompanied by a PH or a guide.
2. You will be taken to the hunting area with a hunting vehicle. No private vehicles allowed.
3. Strictly walk & stalk only
4. Silencers required
5. The hunter takes full responsibility for the animal shot. It is by his own discretion that the trigger is pulled, not the guide or PH.
6. No alcohol allowed before or while hunting.
7. Any damages to the property will be added to the hunter’s account.
8. All weapons will be unloaded when on the hunting vehicle or in the hunting camp.
9. The accuracy of all weapons will be tested on the shooting range before hunting commences. This also includes testing the functionality of the safety clip.
10. All accounts to be settled before check out
11. Slaughtering and meat processing facilities available
12. All game prices are inclusive of VAT.
13. Hunting and the use of dangerous weapons are entirely at your own risk – be responsible!
14. Right of Admission is reserved.
15. There are free roaming buffalo on the farm – entry of the farm is entirely at your own risk.
Failure to adhere to the above rules may result in expulsion and a permanent ban from Mokakata Wildlife & Lapeng Guest Lodge.
View our Mokakata Tambotie Riverside Chalet’s profile here.