Transkaroo Adventures offers the tourist a unique opportunity to experience the most breathtaking and surprising scenes in the Upper Karoo since 1993.
Transkaroo is situated about 750 km from Johannesburg and Cape Town – on the N10 route between Middelburg Eastern Cape and Hanover in the Northern Cape on the N10 route. It is placed under the Noupoort area.
Farm style accommodation is offered in restored farm houses that are all suited for self catering farm holidays or overnight stays.
Surrounded by majestic mountains, fresh water streams and Karoo Fynbos!
4×4 Trail enthusiasts and mountain bikers can enjoy trails of up to 65km on various terrains such as mountain trails, plane trails and valleys. Hikers can walk through mountains, valleys and platos, for as far as 42km. These routes include one day, two day and three day trails that are regularly used by hiking clubs from all around South Africa. As you enjoy your walk, you will find typical Karoo veld so enjoyed by nature lovers.
A wide variety of bird life, mammals and flora can be seen. On day one, you will see a breeding pair of African Black Eagles. Unique rock formations are also seen all around. Most popular times to hike : March, April , May, September and October. For the winter hiker – June and July.
Route maps and other information is made available to every tourist. Routes are clearly marked, enabling the hikers to walk or ride or drive to all points on the map by themselves.
• This is “front seat”voorsit-jag” (ambush hunting). Only kudu, ribbuck, deer and waterbuck (on request) are hunted on foot – “walk and stalk”.
• Hunting groups must be a minimum of 4 persons. I.e. 4 guns in the hunting field.
• Sitting together in the field is only allowed if one of the persons is 18 years or younger.
• No weapons available for hunting use, you must provide them yourself. As well as own ammunition.
• Wounded buck are considered as shot. Please report immediately to other hunters, farmer and horseman. Your integrity is relied upon here.
• There is also hunting on the surrounding farms. You will therefore possibly be expected to drive there with your own vehicle.
• Please bring cable ties of different colors to mark your buck. Each hunter in the group has a different color. We do not provide for it.
• The house must be left tidy upon departure. Please report any breakages.
• An amount of R850 per person is paid as a once-off hunting fee.
• This includes the following: hunting license, van fee, horse rider fee, motorcycle fee, guide fee, use of shooting range (target is provided), use of slaughter room and cold room and sale of goats.
The payments of the game and other costs will be made the day before your departure. Cash is accepted. Wi-fi is available for electronic payments. No card facilities. Prices of game and hunting fee are before VAT.
HUNTING ACCOMMODATION RATES
Rietpoort: Fully equipped for 12 people. Eskom power and gas geyser. Barbecue with wood – bring extra wood and charcoal. 2 x bathrooms and extra showers and toilets in shed. Covered parking. Safe drinking water.
Rates: R580.00 pp pnight – Costs include bed linen, towel and maid every day.
Wilgefontein: Fully equipped for 12 people. No Eskom power – “donkey” for hot water, gas stove and gas cupboard. Barbecue with wood – bring extra wood and charcoal. 2 x bathrooms. Covered parking. Safe drinking water.
Rates: R500.00 pp pnight – Costs include bed linen, towel and maid every day.
Deposit for the accommodation must be paid in full 1 week after the booking form has been received. This then confirms your hunt. The rest of the accommodation amount is paid in full a week before you arrive. If you cancel more than a month in advance, only 10% of your deposit will be kept as an admin fee. Cancellations less than a month in advance forfeit your deposit. Accommodation already includes VAT.
• Karoo lamb or ewe – price per kilogram will be confirmed closer to the time. It must be ordered a week before the arrival date.
• Sausage from local butchery is delicious. Must be ordered a week before arrival date. Pay per kilogram as determined by slaughterhouse.
• Roosterkoek or vetkoek – R40 for 10.
Game Prices 2023
Blesbuck:1 700.00 ZAR
Black Wildebeest (Female): R4 000.00
Black Wildebeest (Male): R4 200.00
Fallow Deer (Female): 2 000.00
Fallow Deer (Male): 2 500.00
Kudu (Female): 4 700.00 ZAR
Kudu (Male) 5 200.00 ZAR
Kudu (Trophy 50″ and up): 6 500.00 ZAR
Mountain reedbuck: 1 700.00 ZAR
Springbuck: 850.00 ZAR
Waterbuck (Female): 3 700.00
Waterbuck (Male): 4 000.00
Minimum 4 hunters per booking!
We look forward to welcoming you in 2023!