The sun will warm your soul
Situated in the wide expanse of the Gariep Karoo, Gariep Eco Reserve comprises the best of the South African heartland. Bright stars at night, contrasted with the sun’s glowing warmth during the bright of day promises a world where your love of the African soil is only surpassed by its unending splendour.
Being at Gariep Eco Reserve is being at peace.
Visit our farm, our home, to savour life and all the richness of Africa’s spectacular wildlife.
Gannabos Guest House is situated at Gariep Eco Reserve, Venterstad district, in the Eastern Cape Karoo – About 50km from the Gariep Dam, on the way to Port Elizabeth.
Gannabos Guest House
Situated on the edge of the Karoo in the Eastern Cape, the Gannabos Guest House offers a welcome respite from the dreary road to wherever you’re going. This means instead of rushing headlong to your final destination, here you can lay your head down under the brightest of stars in the universe and wake up to the splendour of the magnificence that is the Karoo.
Refreshed to tackle the rest of your journey after a leisurely breakfast, or mood-enhancing game drive in the African veld. Witness the stunning sable, plentiful buffalo and majestic roan that make up the exotic wildlife of our sanctuary.
But you don’t have to rush at all! Spend a weekend away from the city here at Gariep Eco Reserve and let the kids experience Africa the way it should be. Or just simply come to rest. We’ll take care of the rest.
Gariep Eco Reserve is a working farm that offers discerned guests the opportunity to spend time in a vast expanse of unspoilt land. Our guest farm is situated at Badsfontein, near Venterstad and the Gariep Dam in the Eastern Cape.
We make sure there is minimal interference with nature through our implementation of a holistic management style.
- 2 x Chalets with 2 ensuite rooms sleeping 2 pax per room / Each chalet also has it’s own kitchenette with 1 or 2 bunk beds sleeping an additional 2 or 4 pax
- 1 x Backpackers room ensuite with 2 bunk beds sleeeping 4 pax
- 1 x Central unit with lounge, dining room, kitchen and walk in fridge.
- 2 x Farmhouse Annex with 2 x Ensuite rooms and dining area sleeping 4 pax
Activities at Gariep Eco Reserve
Spot the shy five animals of South Africa: Aardvark, aardwolf, bat-eared fox, meerkat and porcupine
Game Prices 2021
|Black Wildebeest||R 4 200||R 4 000||20″||R 8 000|
|Blue Wildebeest||R 5 500||R 5 000||27″||R 8 000|
|Buffalo||From R 90 000||POA||POA|
|Duiker Common||R 1 800||R 2 000||3,5″||R 3 000|
|Eland Cape||R 10 000||R 8 500||33″||R 16 000|
|Gemsbuck||R 7 000||R 6 000||38″||R 10 000|
|Gemsbuck Gold||R 8 000||R 8 000||38″||R 15 000|
|Impala||R 2 000||R 1 200||23,5″||R 3 800|
|Kudu||R 7 000||R 5 000||49″||R 10 000|
|Lechwe||R 10 000||R 3 200||23″||R 15 000|
|Mountain Reedbuck||R2 500||R 2 000||5″||R 3 500|
|Mountain Zebra||R 13 000||R 13 000|
|Nyala||R 8 000||R 3 500||24″||R 13 000|
|Red Hartebeest||R 5 200||R 4 800||21″||R 8 000|
|Roan||From R 50 000||N/A||25″||POA|
|Sable||From R 40 000||N/A||38″||POA|
|Springbok (common)||R 1 100||R 1 100||13,5″||R 1 600|
|Springbok (common)||16″+||R 4 000|
|Springbok (black)||R 4 000||R 2 500||R 4 000|
|Springbok (copper)||R 4 000||R 2 500||R 4 000|
|Springbok (white)||R 4 000||R 2 500||R 4 000|
|Springbok (grand slam)||R 15 000|
|Steenbuck||R 1 800||R 1 000||3,5″||R 2 500|
|Warthog||R 600||R 600|
|Waterbuck||R 7 000||R 5 000||26″||R 12 000|
NOTE: ALL PRICES QUOTED EXCLUDE 15% VAT
Option 1: Daily fees catered
Hunters I R 1,450 per hunter per day
Non-hunters I R 1,150 per person per day
Option 2: Daily fees self catering
Hunters I R 850 per hunter per day
Non-hunters I R 600 per person per day
- Minimum of 4 hunters & 2 nights stay
Option 1 includes:
- All meals (Karoo style cooking)
- Catering services
- Daily snack pack for the veld (hunters only)
- Snacks at evening camp fire
- Bottled water
- Ice & firewood
Both options 1 and 2 includes:
- Linen, towels & daily service of rooms
- Laundry service
- Free WiFi & DSTV
- Hunting vehicle
- Recovery of hunted animals, skinning & cooling facilities
- Guides & trackers
- Use of shooting range
- Wingshooters fee
Both options 1 and 2 excludes:
- Tips for guides & cleaners
- Alcoholic beverages & cold drinks
- 15% VAT on all prices quoted
Trophy caping – optional:
- R350.00 for large animals
- R200.00 for small animals
- Salt @ R80.00 per bag
- Fees are payable for all animals hunted including animals wounded and not recovered.
- 50% Deposit of the daily fees is required to secure the booking.
- Deposit is non-refundable in case of cancellation.
- All hunters must be in possession of his/her valid firearm license and for hunts at Tzamenkomst, a Northern Cape hunting permit and for hunts at Badsfontein an Eastern Cape hunting permit.
- An indemnity must be signed prior to the hunt.
- Hunting rifles to be zeroed on the farm.
- No pets allowed.
- No alcohol to be used while hunting.
- Please keep environment clean.
- Hunters and/or observers will be liable for any damages to the Reserve’s property.
- It is compulsory for hunting rifles to be fitted with silencers.