Buffalo Thorn Safari Lodge is a 4-star game lodge were you can experience hospitality in the way Africa has always nurtured its favourites. A profound sense of well being surrounds you.
Buffalo Thorn Safari Lodge allows you to immerse yourself within the African Bushveld. Set in a private game reserve, the environment is in charge. You can set out on private bush walks or daily game drives where you will encounter planes game such as Kudu, Impala, Nyala, Blue Wildebeest, Red Hartebeest, Zebra, Giraffe or the Livingstone Eland- one of Africa’s largest antelope. Night drives will reward you with Jackal, the Aardwolf, Brown Hyena or even the shy Pangolin or Porcupine.
This 4-star luxury lodge offers 8 self-catering chalets, the ideal bush lodge accommodation in addition to a large family unit.
The layout also makes the ideal venue for an exclusive group of up to 18 people. Our new colonial styled interior and architecture embraces nature at every turn and offers all the privacy and superior comfort you would need for uninterrupted relaxation.
The self-catering chalets feature complete kitchens, large double room with sleeper couch and air conditioning, roomy bathroom with double vanity as well as an outdoor rock shower. Each chalet also has a patio with a built in braai and patio set, overlooking the waterhole.
The Retreat Camp which is 5-minutes drive away from the lodge offers additional accommodation for large groups with two separate bomas, 4 kitchens and a swimming pool.
Minimum 4 hunters, 3 nights per booking.
– Full board accommodation is available upon request.
– Warthog permits are available for the transport of the meat @ R250 per hunter
– Caping to be quoted
– Wood: R20 per bag
– Ice: R20 per bag
– Game drives R500/drive max 10 people
Self catering accommodation:
– R750 p/p/p/n sharing/hunter and R550 p/p/p/n sharing non-hunter. Non-sharing rates R850 p/p/p/n hunter and R750 p/p/p/n non-sharing non-hunter
Included in the rate is the following: Guides, retrieval, vehicle, slaughtering, cold room and one load of campfire wood.
PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE VAT
|IMPALA||TROPHY RAM||> 23”||R3 200.00|
|KUDU||BULL||< 37”||R8 000.00|
|KUDU||BULL||38”- 48”||R10 000.00|
|KUDU||BULL||49”- 53”||R15 000.00|
|KUDU||TROPHY BULL||> 53”||R25 000.00|
|ELAND LIVINGSTONE||BULL||< 35”||SQ|
|ELAND LIVINGSTONE||TROPHY BULL||> 35”||R30 000.00|
|BLUE WILDEBEEST||BULL||R5 500.00|
|BLUE WILDEBEEST||COW||R5 000.00|
|BLUE WILDEBEEST||TROPHY BULL||> 28”||R8 000.00|
|RED HARTEBEEST||TROPHY BUL||> 23”||N/A|
|NYALA||TROPHY BULL||> 27”||R15 000.00|
|BUSHPIG||BOAR & SOW||R2 500.00|
|WARTHOG||TROPHY||> 13”||R1 500.00|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A 50% deposit will be required to secure the booking.
- The booking will only be confirmed once proof of payment has been received.
- Cancellation as stipulated below
- Shooting in of rifles may only occur at the designated area.
- At any given time, only four hunters will be allowed in the hunting area.
- Camp fire wood will be supplied – should this supply run short, more wood could be purchased at R500/load
- No wood may be removed without prior permission from management.
- Minimum 4 hunters per booking.
- Minimum 3 nights per booking.
- No rifles smaller than .270 calibre will be allowed.
- No game may be hunted with a rifle at any water holes or any the lodges.
- Only game as per the price list may be hunted.
- All guests must at all times be accompanied by a guide when in the hunting area.
- No alcohol will be allowed in the hunting (veld) area.
- No alcohol / bribes may be offered to the guides.
- No loaded rifles will be allowed at the lodges or vehicles
- Tips for guides on own discretion and is not included in price list .
- Warthog permits for the transport of meat @ R250/ hunter
- Missed shots R300 each
- Kwes shots – full price of target animal
Where cancellation occurs:
- No show or cancellation within 14 days of stay – No refund due.
- Cancellation between 15 and 30 days before stay – 50% of the deposit
- Cancellation between 60 and 30 days before stay – 25% of the deposit
- Cancellation more than 60 days before stay – full refund.
- If hunting is prohibited due to Covid regulation the hunt will be rescheduled according to availability and every effort will be made to honour the booking.
- Game drives R500/drive max 10 people
- Catering on request
- Firewood per 8kg/bag R20each
- Ice 20/bag