Size of property 1000 ha
Payment EFT, Card, Cash
Escape the busy city life to the majestic Karoo with its endless plains, hills and valleys. A mere 3 hours from Stellenbosch, lies Zandfontein Bush Camp, offering affordable hunting as well as catering options for those so inclined.
What we offer…
- 230km or 3 hours drive from Stellenbosch (150 km on the famous R65 route and 80 km scenic gravel road) – gravel road not recommended for “soft” City vehicles
- An ideal 2 night midway sleepover on the famous Montague, Ouberg Pass and Ladysmith scenic route
- Karoo Peace and Tranquillity
- Beautiful landscapes
- Beautiful Karoo Sunsets
- Game viewing
- Star gazing
- 4 x 4 Route
- Relaxed, down to earth Tented two bed Self catering or catered for accommodation with all amenities (just bring your own toiletries and sleeping gear)
- Fully equipped main “Lapa” with Braai and “Splash” pool for those hot days
- 25 meter to 50 meter Pistol target shooting (Only under proficient supervision)
- Organized 50 meter to 100 meter Small Rifle target shooting (Big bore on request) (Only under proficient supervision)
- Organized Skeet shooting (Only under proficient supervision)
- Ideal for a 6 to 8 person Team Building weekend session (2 persons per Tent with 1 Tent double bed)
The units are rented out per group of minimum 6 persons. Unless pre-arranged, the camp will not be occupied by two separate groups at a time. This ensures complete privacy during your stay.
- Swartwildebees R 4200
- Blesbuck R 2800
- Karoo Springbok R 2200 (Colour variants and Kalahari POA)
- Kudu R 4900 Trophy R 7000 (Roaming)
- Eland R 8500 (Roaming)I
SILENCED RIFLES ONLY
Meat Processing: For quality game meat processing, contact Eikeboom Game Meat Processors – Jacques Cell 078 104 7937 or Landria Cell 083 881 8422.
For processing order form and prices, visit Eikeboom Butchery’s Face Book Page @ www.facebook.com/EikeboomStellenbosch/
Non-Hunting Rates: 01 February 2023 to 31 January 2024 (October to April add R 100-00 pppn for Adults on accommodation)
Unfortunately, the premises are not accessible to persons with mobility challenges!
- Accommodation – Self Catering – Adults: R 350-00 per person per night sharing –
- Children age 6 to 12: R 150-00 per child per night sharing tent with parents. (bring own stretcher)
- Single – Self Catering – R 350-00 per night – Tuesdays to Thursdays only
- Accommodation – Full Board (3 meals) – Adults: R 1250-00 per person per night sharing – Children age 6 to 12: R 350-00 per child per night sharing tent with parents. (bring own stretcher)
- The following must be booked in advance:
- Pistol/Revolver target shooting – R 100-00 for 10 shots
- Small Caliber Rifle target shooting – R 100-00 for 10 shots
- Skeet shooting – R 100-00 for 05 shots
- Big Bore target shooting – POA
- Big 5 Game Watching tour @ Sanbona Wildlife Game Reserve – POA
Conditions of stay: The Safari Tents are individually leased to a group of minimum 6 and maximum 8 persons (3-4 units) for a minimum of 2 nights during weekends.
In order to ensure privacy, we do not cater for two individual groups at a time.
Self catering – Only pre-approved clients will be considered – what you bring in, you take out. Self catering Clients must provide their own medical emergency kit, bedding, food, water and beverages. 2 x 5kg bags Braai wood supplied.
Full Board – Only groups of 6 minimum and maximum 8 persons will be considered. Full Board Clients only need to bring their own bedding and alcoholic beverages.