Below the majestic peaks of the northern Drakensberg, the Letaba River in the north and Elephants River in the south, embrace a picturesque valley situated between the towns of Tzaneen and Hoedspruit. This aptly named Valley of the Elephants forms a true wildlife paradise.
Chimoyo Wildlife & Safaris stretches over 3,100 hectares of unspoilt bush and is centrally situated in the Valley of the Elephants. The species diversity and abundance of animals coupled with the remoteness of its location, adds unique old style Africa romanticism and excitement to your safari. Here you hunt anything from the dainty steenbuck to a majestic buffalo bull!
The habitat is distinctly and predominantly African lowveld with sweet grass, many tall trees such as leadwood, knob-thorn and marula as well as low shrub like trees mostly consisting of Grewia species. Hunting in this bush environment is challenging but most satisfactory as it is strictly conducted on foot only. The terrain consist of generally flat and undulating plains
interspersed with a series of granite koppies.
The hunting area is normally divided into 5 blocks of 600 hectare each and we allow 5 hunters out at any given time. There is a sunken (pit) blind for bow-hunters at one of the popular water holes.
Chimoyo Safaris is located outside the foot and mouth disease control area, in the lowveld of Limpopo, South Africa. Accordingly, all meat and venison, including buffalo meat, may be transported to the rest of South Africa with the necessary permits which we will provide.
• The eco-friendly hunting camp is equipped with solar power and consists of 5 canvas tents (3m x 3m) on elevated wooden decks.
• Each tent comfortably accommodates 2 people.
• Bed linen, pillows, blankets and towels are provided.
• A thatched rondavel serves as kitchen and dining area.
• The kitchen comes equipped with a gas stove and oven, fridge/freezer, crockery, cutlery, all normal utensils, pots and pans.
• The enclosed boma has a central fire-pit, barbecue grids, potjiekos pots, prep counter and 10 camping chairs.
• The ablution facilities consists of 2 bathrooms, equipped with warm water showers, basins and toilets.
Hunters and Non-hunters: R600.00 (1-4 persons); R500.00 (5-7 persons); R450.00 (8-10 persons)
Children: 0 – 2 years Free
Children 3-6 years: 50% of the daily rate
Children 7-18 years: Full price
• Daily camp cleaning services (7h30 to 9h30).
• Services of our hunting guides. Maximum of 5 guides available.
• Skinning of animals include: removal of intestines, head, feet and skin.
• A hunting vehicle to transport hunters to their respective hunting blocks and back to the camp, as well as for the recovery of hunted animals.
• Cold room facilities
• Hunting and transportation permits
Included with the accommodation/day fee is the skinning of your animal/s.
We can provide the following services (please enquire about prices):
• Cutting, curing and drying of your biltong and steaks.
• Making of venison boerewors.
• Making venison dry wors.
• Mince meat (1kg – 2kg) bags.
• Vacuum pack your cuts eg. steaks and fillets.
We can do the skinning, caping, cleaning and salting of your trophies for the following fees;
• Skull Mount: Rams or Boars R160.00 / Bulls R240.00/Zebra R240.00/Giraffe & Buffalo R350.00
• Shoulder Mount: Rams or Boars R240.00 / Bulls R350.00/Zebra R350.00/Giraffe & Buffalo R700.00
• Full Cape: Rams or Boars R300.00 / Bulls R400.00 / Zebra R400.00 / Giraffe or Buffalo R2 100.00
Good quality firewood (mopanie, dry sickle bush, rooibos etc.) is available in camp @ R20/bag.
Blesbuck (Male): R6 500.00
Blue Wildebeest (Female): R7 100.00
Blue Wildebeest (Male): R7 500.00
Blue Wildebeest (Trophy): R8 100.00
Bushbuck (Male): R10 000.00
Bushbuck (Trophy): R12 500.00
Bushpig (Female): R3 500.00
Bushpig (Male): R3 500.00
Bushpig (Trophy): R3 500.00
Buffalo (Female): R20 000.00
Buffalo (Male): R105 000.00
Buffalo (Trophy 1): R115 000.00
Buffalo (Trophy 2): R125 000.00
Common Reedbuck (Female): R4 500.00
Common Reedbuck (Male): R5 100.00
Common Reedbuck (Trophy): R9 000.00
Duiker (Grey) (Female): R900.00
Duiker (Grey) (Male): R1 250.00
Duiker (Grey) (Trophy): R1 250.00
Eland (Livingstone) (Female): R27 000.00
Eland (Livingstone) (Trophy 1): R35 000.00
Eland (Livingstone) (Trophy 2): R37 000.00
Giraffe (Female): R17 050.00
Giraffe (Male): R19 050.00
Golden Wildebeest (Male): R14 000.00
Impala (Black) (Female): R5 000.00
Impala (Black) (Male): R11 000.00
Impala (Black) (Trophy): R13 000.00
Impala (Female): R1 7500.00
Impala (Male): R1 850.00
Impala (Trophy): R2 250.00
Red Hartebeest (Male): R18 000.00
Saddleback Impala (Female): R5 000.00
Saddleback Impala (Male): R10 000.00
Tsessebe (Male): R25 000.00
White Flank Impala (Male):R15 000.00
Kudu (Female): R7 500.00
Kudu (Male): R24 000.00
Kudu (Trophy 1): R29 000.00
Kudu (Trophy 2): R38 000.00
Nyala (Female): R3 900.00
Nyala (Male): R9 000.00
Nyala (Trophy): R12 500.00
Oryx (Female): R13 000.00
Oryx (Male): R13 000.00
Ostrich: R7 500.00
Roan Antelope (Male): R45 000.00
Common Reedbuck (Male): R25 000.00
Mountain Reedbuck (Male): R10 000.00
Sable (Female): R14 000.00
Sable (Male): R35 000.00
Sable (Trophy 1): R40 000.00
Sable (Trophy 2): R45 000.00
Steenbuck (Male): R3 200.00
Steenbuck (Trophy): R4 000.00
Warthog (Female): R1 500.00
Warthog (Male): R1 700.00
Warthog (Trophy): R4 900.00
Waterbuck (Female): R7 500.00
Waterbuck (Male): R9 500.00
Waterbuck (Trophy): R18 000.00
Zebra (Burchell’s) (Female): R5 450.00
Zebra (Burchell’s) (Male): R5 800.00