Below the majestic peaks of the northern Drakensberg, the Letaba River in the north and Elephants River in the south, embrace a picturesque valley situated between the towns of Tzaneen and Hoedspruit. This aptly named Valley of the Elephants forms a true wildlife paradise.
Chimoyo Wildlife & Safaris stretches over 3,100 hectares of unspoilt bush and is centrally situated in the Valley of the Elephants. The species diversity and abundance of animals coupled with the remoteness of its location, adds unique old style Africa romanticism and excitement to your safari. Here you hunt anything from the dainty steenbuck to a majestic buffalo bull!
The habitat is distinctly and predominantly African lowveld with sweet grass, many tall trees such as leadwood, knob-thorn and marula as well as low shrub like trees mostly consisting of Grewia species. Hunting in this bush environment is challenging but most satisfactory as it is strictly conducted on foot only. The terrain consist of generally flat and undulating plains
interspersed with a series of granite koppies.
The hunting area is normally divided into 5 blocks of 600 hectare each and we allow 5 hunters out at any given time. There is a sunken (pit) blind for bow-hunters at one of the popular water holes.
Chimoyo Safaris is located outside the foot and mouth disease control area, in the lowveld of Limpopo, South Africa. Accordingly, all meat and venison, including buffalo meat, may be transported to the rest of South Africa with the necessary permits which we will provide.
• The eco-friendly hunting camp is equipped with solar power and consists of 5 canvas tents (3m x 3m) on elevated wooden decks.
• Each tent comfortably accommodates 2 people.
• Bed linen, pillows, blankets and towels are provided.
• A thatched rondavel serves as kitchen and dining area.
• The kitchen comes equipped with a gas stove and oven, fridge/freezer, crockery, cutlery, all normal utensils, pots and pans.
• The enclosed boma has a central fire-pit, barbecue grids, potjiekos pots, prep counter and 10 camping chairs.
• The ablution facilities consists of 2 bathrooms, equipped with warm water showers, basins and toilets.
• Hunters and Non-hunters R550.00 per person per night
• 0 – 2 years: Free,
• 3-6 years: 50% of the daily rate,
• 7-18 years: Full price
• Daily camp cleaning services (7h30 to 9h30).
• Services of our hunting guides. Maximum of 5 guides available.
• Skinning of animals include: removal of intestines, head, feet and skin.
• A hunting vehicle to transport hunters to their respective hunting blocks and back to the camp, as well as for the recovery of hunted animals.
• Cold room facilities
• Hunting and transportation permits
Included with the accommodation/day fee is the skinning of your animal/s.
We can provide the following services (please enquire about prices):
• Cutting, curing and drying of your biltong and steaks.
• Making of venison boerewors.
• Making venison dry wors.
• Mince meat (1kg – 2kg) bags.
• Vacuum pack your cuts eg. steaks and fillets.
We can do the skinning, caping, cleaning and salting of your trophies for the following fees;
• Skull Mount: Rams or Boars R160.00 / Bulls R270.00
• Shoulder Mount: Rams or Boars R270.00 / Bulls R380.00
• Full Cape: Rams or Boars R300.00 / Bulls R400.00 / Zebra R400.00 / Giraffe or Buffalo R2 100.00
Good quality firewood (mopanie, dry sickle bush, rooibos etc.) is available in camp @ R20/bag.
Blue Wildebeest (Female): R5 000.00
Blue Wildebeest (Male): R5 500.00
Blue Wildebeest (Trophy): R7 000.00
Bushbuck (Female): R4 500.00
Bushbuck (Male): R9 000.00
Bushbuck (Trophy): R12 500.00
Bushpig (Female): R1 000.00
Bushpig (Male): R1 500.00
Bushpig (Trophy): R2 900.00
Cape Buffalo (Male): R80 000.00
Cape Buffalo (Trophy 1): R100 000.00
Cape Buffalo (Trophy 2): R120 000.00
Cape Spurfowl: R20.00
Common Reedbuck (Female): R4 500.00
Common Reedbuck (Male): R5 100.00
Common Reedbuck (Trophy): R9 000.00
Duiker (Grey) (Female): R700.00
Duiker (Grey) (Male): R900.00
Duiker (Grey) (Trophy): R1 250.00
Eland (Livingstone) (Female): R17 000.00
Eland (Livingstone) (Male): R19 000.00
Eland (Livingstone) (Trophy 1): R30 000.00
Eland (Livingstone) (Trophy 2): R35 000.00
Game Birds: R20.00
Gemsbok / Oryx (Female): R12 500.00
Gemsbok / Oryx (Male): R12 500.00
Gemsbok / Oryx (Trophy): R14 500.00
Giraffe (Female): R17 050.00
Giraffe (Male): R18 050.00
Guinea Fowl: R20.00
Hyena (Brown): R39 000.00
Hyena (Spotted): R39 000.00
Impala (Black) (Female): R3 250.00
Impala (Black) (Male): R5 000.00
Impala (Black) (Trophy): R7 500.00
Impala (Female): R1 500.00
Impala (Male): R1 750.00
Impala (Trophy): R3 650.00
Kudu (Female): R7 500.00
Kudu (Male): R14 900.00
Kudu (Trophy 1): R22 500.00
Kudu (Trophy 2): R35 000.00
Nyala (Female): R3 800.00
Nyala (Male): R8 000.00
Nyala (Trophy): R13 500.00
Sable (Male): R25 000.00
Sable (Trophy 1): R30 000.00
Sable (Trophy 2): R35 000.00
Steenbuck (Male): R1 600.00
Steenbuck (Trophy): R3 200.00
Warthog (Female): R1 300.00
Warthog (Male): R1 600.00
Warthog (Trophy): R4 900.00
Water birds: R30.00
Waterbuck (Female): R8 000.00
Waterbuck (Male): R9 200.00
Waterbuck (Trophy): R18 000.00
Zebra (Burchell’s) (Female): R5 250.00
Zebra (Burchell’s) (Male): R5 350.00